Today, I made lemon curd. I thought it'd be a great alternative to my daily peanut butter toasts. Of course, it goes on a lot of other things too - pancakes, tarts, muffins, ice cream...the list goes on.
...and it's yellow. I know it doesn't have to do with anything, but I just love the colour yellow. There's just something about it that makes me feel happy instantly. I'm sure many feng shui books will agree with me. Well, at least Coldplay did. (Tip: make this lemon curd for your loved one with a "..it was all yellow" love note- if not something more creative. Hee.).
Anyway, hope you enjoy both of today's "jams". :)
Phoenix - Trying to be cool (Breakbot Remix)
50g of butter
3/4 cup caster sugar (or just under)
4 lemons (or 3 large lemons) - juice and zest
3 large eggs
4 tbs almond milk
1/2 tbs plain flour
1) Combine all ingredients except eggs in a metal bowl (Not everyone has a metal bowl, so you can be creative and use a smaller pot ;) taking care that water does not flow into the mixing pot). Place bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until sugar has dissolved completely. Remove from heat.
2) In a separate metal bowl, whisk eggs. Add the first mixture and beat until combined.
3) Pour mixture through a strainer to remove zest.
4) Place mixture back over pot of simmering water and keep stirring slowly until mixture is thick enough. (keep stirring constantly and do not overheat to prevent eggs from curdling)
5) Cool and store in a jar in the fridge.